- Baby Changing TablePosted 449 days ago
- Baby MonitorsPosted 449 days ago
- Baby HeadbandsPosted 449 days ago
- Diaper BagsPosted 455 days ago
- Pregnancy Symptoms Week By WeekPosted 481 days ago
- Cute Name MeaningsPosted 482 days ago
- 10 Weeks PregnantPosted 482 days ago
- 11 Weeks PregnantPosted 483 days ago
- 18 Weeks PregnantPosted 489 days ago
- 20 Weeks PregnantPosted 491 days ago
Baby monitors are one of the useful devices in the eyes of parent. It makes them feel at ease when they cannot be in the same room with their baby. Baby monitors can alert them when the baby is crying, when it needs some help or just watch the baby when he or she is sleeping. Amazon .com offers almost all types of monitors at various price ranges, so one can choose a baby monitor depending on their needs and expectations.
Baby monitors comes in various models, styles and sizes. A standard monitor is compact and handy and it can be kept in any part of the house and can send signal up to a certain distance of around 600 feet. But the deluxe models are very simple to use, stylish and compact and are designed to send signals up to a distance of 3000 feet.
There are various types of baby monitors available in the market and they also offer a number of benefits to the users. The type of monitor parents should choose should be based on the location of the baby’s room in relation to where caretaker or parent stay, how much they are willing to spend and the type of building they live in. An audio or video monitor is required if they wanted to hear and see their baby very comfortably. If the baby stays very far from them, then baby monitors with strong transmitter are required.
Types Of Baby Monitors:
There are various types of baby monitors available in the market for monitoring baby but in a slightly different way. Various types of baby monitors include
1. Wireless and wired baby monitors: The transmission capabilities of wired and wireless monitors are the same but the only difference is in their ability to be carried around. The wired device is connected through wires and so it can be moved across a limited range only which is normally allowed by the total length of the chord. Here the receiver remains fixed to one place. But the wireless monitors can be carried everywhere around the house. Price of wireless device may be little high but if offers great flexibility to many parents. Wireless monitors are quite expensive compared to wired monitors, but it offers a number of advantages.
2. Audio Monitors: This kind of monitor is quite popular and available in both analog and digital mode. They are relatively inexpensive monitors that consist of battery operated transmitter and receiver units. These are generally used by caretakers and parents to hear baby’s activities.
3. Video Monitors: Video baby monitors helps parents and caretakers to both see and hear baby’s activities. It consists of a small camera that is usually mount on the wall or fixed near baby’s crib and an LCD screen that helps to watch baby’s images. Some video monitors also come with multiple cameras, IR night vision technology and an automatic camera scanning. Also portable models as well as car models that can be sued in the car.
4. Movement monitors: As the name suggest, the movement monitors detects movements of the baby and send alerts. Also, when the baby did not move for a long period of time, the monitors will send an alert to the parents to check and attend the baby.
5. Baby heart monitors: This baby monitor is used when the baby is still in the womb to monitor its heart rate. This type of baby monitor uses sound waves to monitor the baby’s cardio activity and send it to the receiver through ear phones to monitor.
What To Look For When Shopping Baby Monitors:
There is certain basic thing one should consider before purchasing baby monitor’s, which includes
- Frequency: Cheap monitors works on a frequency of 49 MHz, which can often interfere with other radio operating devices ta home like cordless phones, cell phones and other monitors at home. So to prevent baby monitors from interfering with other devices, the frequency range should be around 90 MHz. Even 2.4 GHz frequency monitors are available in the market which offers the best clarity to its users.. Volume controls: Monitors should offer volume control, so that it can be adjusted when they do not want to hear all the sound the baby makes.
- Power source: Battery operated devices require to buy lots of batteries in order to use it. Look for models that offer rechargeable batteries or batteries and A/C adapters.
- Low battery indicator: This is a very helpful option so that one can recharge or replace batteries in time
- Sound activated lights: It is better to have a device that lights up when a noise is detected. This will be really helpful in situations where the caretaker or parent is busy that prevents them from hearing when baby cries.
- Multiple channels: This will allow the user to find a channel with least interference
- Double receivers: Double receivers help in situations when one has to be left at one room and the other one taken around the house.
- Size: Monitors that are less weight are quite easy to carry around the house.
Benefits Of Using Baby Monitors At Home:
Baby monitors are widely used to monitor baby’s activities and movements. Modern technology has brought some innovative designs in monitors like high quality audio and video, night vision and other remote control features like zooming, tilting and easy planning. Monitors help parents to hear baby’s cry and make them alert. The video recording feature of baby monitor helps to record everyday activities of the child. It monitors the safety of the child when they are left under a caretaker. It helps the parents to assess the baby’s noises or cries without disturbing them, thereby knowing whether they need any attention.
Baby monitors are small devices and a must for many modern parents. It is a real boon for them who wanted to keep track on all their baby’s activities when they are not around them. As a safety tip, parents who use baby monitors should also take time to peek in to the baby’s room quite often. Our baby shop offers wide variety of baby monitors at an attractable price range and great deals.